Tuesday, October 22, 2013

AT SCHOOL by Kiel Torres


I can’t sit for too long. When I do, my mind begins whirring. I get rushes of hyperactivity where I want to sprint down the halls, spin until I’m dizzy, lie on the ground, turn over my desk and laugh until I can’t breathe. Although these overwhelming impulses lead me to question my sanity, it is equal parts exhilarating as frustrating. This state is somewhat destructive, but at the same time it is where my mind flourishes. It is where I thrive. It’s messy, imperfect, silly, and random, but I like it.








 Drawing is a way of thinking.  It is a way of processing, ordering, making sense of information.  Kiel is channeling this idea into her collages and drawings and making them into somewhat of a self-portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment