Monday, November 18, 2013

Unsettling by Aly Slobadov


The theme of my exhibition is inspired by my growing interest in the horror genre within the last year. I also wanted to experiment with different mediums for each piece. My first drawing was of a character called Alex DeLarge in the film “A Clockwork Orange”, which I found in my old sketchbook from grade 10. Since the movie is quite dark and somewhat disturbing, I thought it’d fit well in the exhibition and decided to work on it to make it feel more complete. I experimented with charcoal, which I didn’t have much previous experience with. The second piece was a sketch from the summer, which I added oil pastels to, which I don’t often use. The next piece was a reproduction of a comic from the ‘50s, which was later made into one of my favorite childhood cartoons. In my last piece, I wanted to incorporate two of my polaroids that didn’t develop, and i thought they fit well since the darkness of the photo is quite unsettling.












No comments:

Post a Comment