Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Autobiographical Comix: 2012 Edition

They've arrived!  This year's comics - by my very lovely and talented Art 9 class.  These comics represent everything that I love about teaching art - I'll let you come to your own conclusions.  The first image is from my instructional comic that is in production - it gives good background for looking at the students work and what we talk about and focus on.  I didn't include all the student's work - maybe I should have.



 The first page of my instructional comic book

 Adam Ridell
Cell-phones - a teacher's nightmare!

 Andy Lan
I've seen that cartoon and it's true - almost NOTHING happens in each episode - it's infuriating

 Angie Tsamos
So funny - reminds me of my 4 year old daughter

 Yuka Nakamura
So cute i've got a stomach ache

 Jessica Chan
amazing - how much more can you communicate in a single panel?

 Celia Coe
A perfect example of how to make a GREAT comic with stick figures

 Marcus Cheng
Look at how creatively he composes each panel

 Samuel Lin
Beautiful and hilarious

 Issing Tang
So clever

 Josh Zhang
"Accept Challenge" is my favourite panel of the year!

 Justin Chan
I've asked and asked and I still have no idea how, why or even if the dog actually died!

 Tin-Tin Villapando
I love the pacing in this story

 Dani Zitron
Great contrast between simple drawing style and advanced shading

 Michelle Lam

Coco Wang
I love it when Coco "high-fives" her brother's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment