Friday, October 26, 2012

Gig Posters

Last year I decided to re-introduce silkscreening to our Graphics and Commercial Design Programs. When I began the project I had NO IDEA how much work it would be!  It was insane: trying to save 30 year old frames, pulling out hundreds of staples per frame, restretching them, figuring out our screen burning system and timing, coating and cleaning frames multiple times for each student etc etc.  I had never done silkscreening before so I was learning everything for the first time as well.  Trial and error  every day for every detail! AGGH!!!  it was all worth it.  My Graphics 10 kids made amazing work and learned a ton.  Below is my assignment sheet outlining the criteria for the assignment and below that is a selection of the finished projects.









2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Jessica. You are an artist as well as a musician.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gig posters! It would be nice to see them published together in a book and kept in the library. Or sold at Urban Outfitters. Just correct the spelling on that Raveonettes poster...

    ReplyDelete